Friday 28 September 2007

My first robbery

One fine sunny day I am walking on the street, enjoying my milkshake (which was amazingly good, I must admit!), looking for the bus home. The day was really perfect, as was my milkshake... until in the Parque de la Mercedes (as I later got to know, it's also called Parque de Nicas) a lady came up to me, asking if she can have sip of my fresco. I glazed at her, from head to toes – she was a very tan and very poor woman, probably a drug-addict as well – and let out a very convincing “NOOOO!” and wanted to walk away with my precious milkshake which still had some 4 centimetres in the bottom. But to my surprise, she was already holding my shake very tightly. So, I decided to be friendly and tolerant and not get in fight with an older lady just because of 4 centimetres of my milkshake. Obviously she needed it more than I did...

No comments: