Saturday 15 September 2007

Cocina a la Estonia Costarrisense

So I have successfully survived the first 3,5 weeks. We are finally done with the orientation process and Spanish classes. And we should be ready for jumping in the waves of work.
But here, Houston, I think we have a little panic. I have to change my host-family! This is going to be really hard because I have already got attached to “la familia loca” which I have right now. I love them!
As to my Spanish, I must unfortunately admit that the Spanish course had only one useful function – I could use the time for writing to my friends. Because it was muy aburrido! But yet, I know the name of my future-pet now – los perezosos!!!
Today for the first time I tried to cook something Estonian. So I made “borsh” and potato salad – very Estonian indeed! And you know what, the had NEVER heard of soups made with cabbage!
Next step – advanced – will be rabarber-cake! How can one live without knowing what a rabarber-cake is?!? So I´m waiting for your kind donations with tons of rabarber! Thank you!


2 comments:

Tanvir said...

I just ran into a website about Estonia the other day - it is a Documentary about Estonia's Singing Revolution:
http://singingrevolution.com

lill said...

today Dario asked me if I could make a rabarber-cake, confirming that of cours his parents know what is rabarber. so he told his mother to by some rabarber and his mother asked - "what IS rabarber?"