Friday 31 August 2007

Cars & traffic

As you can imagine, there is a LOT of cars, always peeping, always being in traffic-jam. But the funny thing is – the cars are in a much better physical condition than the cars in Italy or Spain for example. I also learned another new thing in the traffic culture, which I find to be very-very nice – it is waving to other drivers when you want to change the line. In the world of cold Estonians it would never be like that – we'd just curse other drivers for not letting us in front of them, without doing any effort from ourselves.
Well, I've got another surprise in my sleeve... My host mother actually has a Lada! It's a new mark, but still – it's a Lada! Welcome to the world of Russian cars! And the other day I saw a Ziguli 006. Such a feeling of home crossed me! It's almost like being in my friend's orange “Tibu”, sitting in the back-seat and flying to the other end of the car every time the car makes a turn. Awww, it feels so nice!

No comments: