Sunday 11 January 2009

Earthquake

I was in Costa Rica for 9 months. Always anxious to actually feel an earthquake - just a small one. Never did though. In the hospital we even had a security training, including what to do in case of an earthquake. And now I think: you stupid, STUPID girl!

3 days ago there was an earthquake of 6.2 points near the volcan Poas. In my house in Heredia things were falling from the shelves. And all I can think of is my poor housekeeper who got panic even in a case of small "quakes"...
Thinking how often we took the same road with our family to go to the summer-cottage. To think that my costa rican family could have been on the road at the very moment... it's just something I don't even want to imagine...

By now there has been 34 deaths reported, 64 people still missing.

No comments: